~Forever, For Always & No Matter What~



Life doesn't give you the people you want. It gives you the people you need, to HELP you, to HURT you, to LOVE you, to LEAVE you, to MAKE you into the person you were meant to be.




Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Trivia


Since Thanksgiving is my Second Favorite Holiday I thought I would post some Thanksgiving Trivia!!


1. When was the first thanksgiving?
1492
1777
1621


2. About how many feathers does a mature turkey have?
1,500
2,000
3,500


3. Approximately what % of American homes eat turkey on Thanksgiving?
49%
82%
90%


4. What is the skin that hangs from a turkey's neck?
Swag
Garble
Wattle


5. What is the best way to defrost a turkey?
With a hair dryer
In the microwave
In clod water



The answers are all the bottom answers!
Silly I know but what the heck!

5 comments:

CookFamily said...

I just read a book to my students about Thanksgiving at the White House. It told about the first official Thanksgiving during the Civil War. It declared a holiday by Abraham Lincoln and that is when the "turkey pardon" started. Cool huh?

Amber said...

Have a nice holiday!

Jana said...

What a cool trivia I love Thanksgiving too. By the way 1 month from today is Christmas haha.

pirate ride said...

Auntie Jana, LaLaLaLala I did not hear you! I have my fingers in my ears!!(about the Christmas thing)

The Peterson Press said...

oh that was fun. Wow they have tons of feathers!!