
Brek just finished 2 weeks of Swimming lessons! Boy did it make me crazy or what!! We signed him up at the Bountiful Rec Center (the old bubble). Brek was very excited to start his swimming lessons and I on the other hand was not to sure! Those of you who know Brek know that he is very independent and very headstrong so this makes for a very scary combo!

The first week went pretty dang smooth, they even bumped him up a level after the first 15 minutes! There were two kids in Brecks little group so three with him. Brek was listening (almost) all the time to his Swim teacher named Andrew!!

Ok so lets talk about the second week!! Brek was getting the hang of this swimming lesson stuff and he was starting to think he could swim with out help in the deeper end of the pool!! He would come home and tell Kirk that he could jump off the diving board and do big boy dives!! And he was getting his kicking down and would go under water with his eyes open and not plugging his nose.
.
~Brek

Soooo second to last day Andrew took them down to a deeper part of the pool to practice their backstrokes! Andrew was helping one of the other children in the class when Brek decided that he was going to try to swim on his own, yeah so Andrew saw him right away and grabbed him! I got a little nervous but not to much because his teacher saw him right away! Well when Brek decided to try this again his teacher had his back to him and was not as close to him as he was the last time! Two moms sitting right close and myself and another mom sitting down abit came a runnin! With all of us making a big comotion Andrew turned and grabbed Brek. Didn't even phase Brek I was a mess and so was everyone around me! After class I asked Brek if he got scared and he said "NO" I dont even think he thought anything went wrong! So needless to say he loved swimming lessons and I was not a fan!!
~Mattee also took swimming lessons and she also got bumped up a level and she is a fabulous little swimmer!!



























6 comments:
He is so dang cute, what a good swimmer he is. Kell use to do the same thing I would sit there a flippin wreck and while the class was sitting on the edge of the pool and the teacher took turns with each child Kell would jump in and start kicking, I of course came off my seat, almost jumped in with my clothes on. Water sometimes scares me so bad, kids are so fast and think they are invincible. Good job Breck and Mattee!
Thank you again Odd. Love you
You're going to have to watch that one. You may have to glue a life vest to him. He is such a cutie. I remember when Keith was in swim lessons and the teacher wasn't watching him. He went under and about the 3rd time down I just about jumped in when she grabbed him. Swim lessons are not for mothers.
We took swim lessons at the rec center too, I liked it. It was just hard to get there every day. The kids really learned alot!
I swear he is all boy! Not even scared at all! What a freakin cutie! I love it. It only gets worse as they get older. Wait until he breaks his arm and thinks its cool! LOL
Yes totally one hundred percent ALL BOY!!
Post a Comment